Enigma

Re: PinSentry Support Thread

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Rob,
To add to the above post, i can the script works perfectly on my windows 10 PC and movie rating properly getting picked up from the movie database. It only looks for mpaa lookup when there is no rating available in the database.
Not sure why same script work differently on Android.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iahi83zja37qnj3/kodi-pc.log?dl=0

Let me know if any other info required.

Thanking you,

Enigma

robwebset
Site Mod

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 am

Hi Enigma,

Not sure what else to suggest, other than don't use "movies are in seperate folder that match the movie title" in Kodi when you scan in your library.

Tried the search option on Estury and things seemed to prompt for the pin OK - so I can't reproduce the search problem you describe.

I think the ratings search issue is because of the above setting again - all PinSentry has access to is the filename in that mode (from a very brief look) and yours appear to have the year in the directory/filename - so it gets that as well - which then causes the rating not to be found.

Rob

Enigma

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks Rob. I tried to strip the year from movie name and i have more positive response from PINSENTRY. But still some of the movies still evade PINSENTRY. Can you please add this into your future enhancement request so that we have a foolproof parental control tool.

I have around 5000 movies in my movie library and i will try to put PINSENTRY to ask for PIN while browsing folder. Renaming the files will be very difficult.

Enigma

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Rob,
While running Kodi from PC, the PINSENTRY always able to get movie and rating from the local movie database on all three play mode( database, vidoe/files and global search).
But on Android, while playing movie through global search, it always search through mpaaLookup and sometime miss to get rating.

Regards,
Enigma

Enigma

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Rob,
Can you please add USA:Unrated and USA:Not Rated to the certification tab for USA. I can see while scraping with US certification, some movies are getting tagged like this.
Also if possible please add MEXICO and Argentina also to the certification list. Most of the latin american movies are not getting Spanish certificate properly.

Appreciate your help

Thanking you,
Enigma

eddiecue

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:09 am

I have Pinsentry set up on a Amazon Fire TV Box. I want to use it to protect the settings menu, but I have found what I think is a bug. Everything looks good and looks to work, but if I press my remotes menu button it disables the addon completely. The number pad just disappears, and you can access any setting including Pinsentry settings menu. Am I missing something, it looks like it works as long as I don't press the menu button on the remote.

murph7355

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:38 am

First of all, thanks for creating/supporting this add on. My kids are now old enough to operate Kodi themselves, so this will be invaluable.

Install went very smoothly following the various instructions etc.

Quick question - I'm using the Confluence skin (hangover from XBMC...other half doesn't like change :)) and PinSentry seems to block anything in the "recently added" lists on the home screens, irrespective of the rating. The same videos work as expected when selected through the full list, just not through recently added.

(Blocking them all is preferable to leaving them open, but would be good if it worked in the usual way).

Thanks
Murph

pdw1975

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Hello Rob,

I've recently tried out PinSentry as I'm looking for a way to control use of some individual video addons. Thank you for the app, it looks good.

Is there the possibility to require the PIN in order to go to the addon settings?

I've discovered that if a user goes in to the settings and changes the number of digits required for the PIN, it basically resets and can then go use the addon as normal without controls being applied.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
P.

pdw1975

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:42 am

Hi Rob,
I am trying out your addon as I want to control acces/use of some addons.

Is it possible to add the feature that would require PIN entry to get to the addon settings? Everything seems to work okay but I have noticed that I can get to the settins menu and change the number of digits required for the PIN; this then resets the security and can access/use the addon I want to control.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
P.

murph7355

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Pdw1975 - it already does this as far as I'm aware.

IIRC in the configuration pages for Pin Sentry there are multiple tabs and I'm 99% certain it's in there somewhere.

I have the std Kodi master lock protecting add ons as well as Pin Sentry and it's such a pain in the arse changing things that I end up having to go through hoops to disable them first :) So am pretty sure the option exists already.

Return to “Add-ons”