robwebset
Site Mod

Re: URepo Script

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:58 am

Hi Zag,

Managed to put together the logo and banner - so have now pushed the addon to the repo. I haven't approved it yet - but will do if you have no objections.

I thought it was worth trying to get this addon live before Kodi v17 is released as it may be useful for a lot of people to automatically pull their preferred set of addons to new v17 installs.

I think this could be a good added bonus for URepo, the ability to resync from a master list on the URepo site seems pretty powerful.

Thanks
Rob

zag
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:02 am

Yep looks excellent, I need to find time to test it out on a blank install.

Will let you know the results.

zag
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:09 am

Cool! works as expected.

Small feature suggestion is that it could possibly have an option to auto install all Add-ons?

Another thing I noticed is the name of the Add-on might be confusing. Perhaps we should rename it to something like the "uRepo installer" to prevent confusion with the actual website.

Anyway, great work again. Its amazing the innovation that is happening here ;)

robwebset
Site Mod

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks for testing and confirming it.

zag wrote:Small feature suggestion is that it could possibly have an option to auto install all Add-ons?

I'm not 100% sure I understand this - on v17 you should have all the addons automatically selected when the dialog is displayed with the addons in your collection. (Slightly different in earlier releases as there was no Python interface for auto selecting items)

zag wrote:Another thing I noticed is the name of the Add-on might be confusing. Perhaps we should rename it to something like the "uRepo installer" to prevent confusion with the actual website.

I agree, may be a little confusing. I'd like to avoid the word "Installer" as I image this addon growing to support many more features for URepo (as people think of them).

How about "uRepo Helper" as a new name?

Thanks
Rob

zag
Site Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:43 am

robwebset wrote:Thanks for testing and confirming it.
I'm not 100% sure I understand this - on v17 you should have all the addons automatically selected when the dialog is displayed with the addons in your collection. (Slightly different in earlier releases as there was no Python interface for auto selecting items)

I was thinking of an option to not even show the popup, but as you say its probably not needed as everything is auto selected on launch.

robwebset wrote:How about "uRepo Helper" as a new name?

Yeh that sounds good to me

robwebset
Site Mod

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi Zag,

Is there a way to remove the current script.urepo addon from the mod queue?

Thanks
Rob

robwebset
Site Mod

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:13 pm

hi Zag,

I've renamed and redone the icons/screenshots etc:

http://www.urepo.org/addon/15568

I'm wondering if we wanted to add something about it some-where appropriate on the site so that people know it is available to help them :D

Thanks
Rob

zag
Site Admin

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:04 pm

Cool, nice work.

I've removed the old Add-on from the moderation queue. One day I will finish the mod features :)

I'll see what I can do about promoting it, I think we are going to need some drop down menus soon with all this progress.

Return to “Ideas and Requests”